These 17th century buildings used to belong to the Order of the Jesuits until they were suppressed from Spain in 1771. School and residence are divided into a two double-wing area which overlooks the gardens. The axis is marked by a grand staircase crowned by a dome. Between it and the main facade, a double cloister and the church can be seen. This church is still remarkable, with a Latin cross plan, one nave and a platform over the chapels. The ensemble is dominated by a great dome, with its own light on the drum, and plenty of Baroque carving and sgrafitto.
The main facade matches the irregular street which emerged outside the town walls. The church front and the door to the street are outstanding in their sobriety. The linteled doorway is flanked by Corinthian columns, and an attic frames the great balcony.