Neoclassical in style, it’s comprised of three naves, a transept and two twin towers that follow the architectural order of the facade. It’s dedicated to St. Peter the Apostle with a statue of him over the entrance door, which was restored in the 1940’s. It’s 60 metres long and 25 metres wide. Construction began in 1763 following the orders of master builders José Dolz and José Ayora, and it was inaugurated in 1782.
The inside houses fresco paintings by Oliet and Cruella as well as precious metal work, silver Gothic crosses by the Santalineas, a 15th century Morella steel punch, a 1597 goblet, a 1630 painting on canvas and a 1664 Lignum Crucis.
There are also rich liturgical ornaments and two golden rosaries from Manila which were brought to the town by the monk José de la Torre, a Cinctorres native, in 1754.