Situated at the end of the street Calle San Roque forming a corner is the old house known as the House of the Marquises of Castellfort.
A 1682 inscription can be seen over the lintel on the simple door stating that it was part of one of the main remodelling projects since the house was originally part of the bastion on the primitive wall during the Muslim period.
The facade reflects some outstanding elements: the door, the 17th century Baroque Montserrat noble coat of arms and the ashlar windowsill overlapping a small balcony.
For years and at the will of the King, the Montserrat family were commissioned with the duty of batlle, which means they represented royal interests in the town. The Montserrat family, here known as the Marquises of Castellfort were titled Marquises of Cruilles.