St. Michael “El Fort” Chapel (Nules), a popular chapel museum
#

St. Michael “El Fort” Chapel


Nules

A chapel built by Antonio Gilabert prior to Valencian neoclassicism. In 1811, it was occupied by General Suchet’s troops during the Peninsular War and was fortified to become barracks for the French troops. Hence, the chapel is known by the nickname “El Fort”.

It currently houses the Enrique Giner Medal Museum.

 


Data