#

Iglesia Nuestra Señora de Los Ángeles


Puebla de Arenoso

It was erected during the second half of the 16th century by the workshop of master Pedro Fresnedo above the previous consecrated church in 1373. During the first quarter of the 17th century finishing works were carried out and throughout the 18th century different ornamental works related to Marian worship and was funded with donations among which, the Duke of Villahermosa, Lord of Puebla de Arenoso stands out.

It was built from masonry and stonework in the most relevant parts. It has a floor plan of a nave with an adjacent chapel, with a vault that rests above pillar supports and rounded arches. The tower is located in the first section of the Epistle, modified in the 18th century.

Its façade is Renaissance, with a rounded arch that is set into striated pillars and the lectern, topped with an architraved beam and gable shaped temple with columns.

On its inside the choir stands out, located high at the bottom of the nave, also we can emphasize the decoration of the chapel made from plaster in the 18th century.

During the 20th century a number of different repairs have taken place.

 


Données

  • 12428 Puebla de Arenoso