Situated over the River Mijares, it was referred to like this to differentiate it from the St. Quiteria Bridge built in the late 13th century. There was once a bridge over the ravine Rambla de la Viuda, but it fell down. On 12 September 1776, the town hall decided to repair the bridges in the municipal area. Thus, the first stone was laid on Pont Nou in 1784 to enhance the road infrastructures. It’s a large viaduct made of ashlar. The parapets feature benches for rest. It has thirteen spans in a round arch; moulding along the bridge separates the wall formed by the parapets from the arches. It has four levees with a keep, the rest are gadrooned, both upstream as well as downstream. At the ends there are rectangular marble tombstones referencing the construction of the bridge. Gargoyles are used for drains. It was completed on 28 August 1790. Made in a neoclassicist style, the immediate predecessor would be the Segovia Bridge in Madrid. The architect was Bertomeu Ribelles who had a close relationship with the San Carlos Royal Academy of Fine Arts. He was also the director of the work on the road from Castellón to Valencia.