It was founded by Mr Blay Berga in 1609.
It was carefully planned to have capacity for 10 priests and the necessary lay brothers. The church is about 27 metres long and 6.3 metres wide in the central nave; the bell tower is 22.5 metres tall.
The Churrigueresque altarpiece on the main altar was 3.5 metres tall and it took a year and a half to gild it. It was destroyed in 1936 because of the Civil War. In 1612, the friary was already in operation. The Dominicans not only taught, but would travel through the country estates and local region to hold mass at the chapels.
The Dominican Order left Forcall after more than two centuries in the year 1835.