Medieval Fortress, Almenara, restored historical remains
#

Medieval walled enclosure


Declared of Cultural Interest - Almenara

It has Christian walls from the 14th century, recently restored. Until the 18th century (1798) the population was within the concentric rectangular enclosures, separated by a corridor known as the Wall corridor, defended by six towers: four at the corners and the other two in the centre of the North and South sides; the latter is located in the part behind the palace of Count Almenara or Aversa. Among the six towers, only two remain.


Data