Construction work on this church was completed in 1776. The church interior takes the form of a Latin Cross. Its neoclassical high altar is dedicated to Santo Tomás de Villanueva. Its top end is dominated by a large painting by the Segovian artist Camarón, to whom the other paintings and frescoes in the dome are also attributed.
The two side altars are dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Our Lady of the Rosary. The four frescoes in the dome represent the archangels Saints Raphael, Michael, Gabriel and the Guardian Angel.