This fountain was built in 1930 when Matías Campos was mayor, in order to provide a constant and reliable source of drinking water, as much to the existing industry as to the Vallat people. Its construction was not easy, since it was not a question of creating a mere fountain to fill jugs and pitchers, but rather of creating a large space, with broad access steps and benches on either side. It also gained sentimental value, as the locals selflessly helped with the work. This included donations for its improvement, such as the bronze sphinx that adorns the tube, donated by the “Morenos” family.
- 12230 Vallat