#

Ermita del Cristo de la Providencia or del Calvario


Soneja

This ermita, or small church, is located in the local park, which was an old Calvary. It dates back to the end of the 17th century. It is a rectangular building composed of two sections which differ in height. The façade is not especially tall, and features a plastered-brick porch with a low rounded arch. It was used as a fort during the first Carlist War and was enlarged to house a small garrison. The porch was closed in 1899, and since then the ermita has been composed of two sections of differing height.

 


Données