This church is a mix of Baroque and Neoclassical styles, as it was refurbished at numerous points in the past.
The earliest information concerning the church is found in some 16th-century documents. It features various mural paintings, which were discovered beneath a thick covering of paint. They were revealed in 1995, when a group of student art restorers from Valencia started cleaning them. The altar was recently restored, which has also helped to appreciate the great beauty of these paintings. Restoration has been ongoing in order to remove the existing damp in the aforementioned altar.
Due to the size of the population, the primitive church has two extensions. The first was finished in 1736, and the second in 1806, according to the date found in the corner of the side façade.